Reporting Adult Protective Services

Reporting Adult Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation

Who Should Report?
It is the law that any person who has reasonable cause to believe that a disabled person is in need of Protective Services must report the case to the county Social Services Department (N.C.G.S. 108A-102).  The reporter’s identity is kept confidential.  You may file a report anonymously if you wish.

 How are reports made?
Telephone, write or visit the Stokes County Department of Social Services when you have information about a disabled adult being abused, neglected, or exploited.  You should give the following information pertaining to the disabled adult:

  • Name, Age, and Address of the disabled Adult
  • Name and Address of Caretaker (if applicable)
  • Nature of abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation
  • Other Pertinent Information

Phone Number:
(336) 593-2861 from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on business days
After hours and holidays call 911, or (336) 593-8139

Mailing Address:
Stokes County Department of Social Services
P.O. Box 30
Danbury, NC  27016

Street Address:
1010 Main Street
Danbury, NC  27016