Inmate Accounts

The Stokes County Jail uses PayTel Communications to provide telephone services for the inmates. In each housing area there are two phones that the inmates may use. This system allows the inmates to place collect calls or, if they have an account with PayTel, they can call other various numbers themselves. Most cell phone providers will not allow someone to accept a collect call due to the problems with billing. You will have to have an account in order for the inmate to call your cell phone. Anyone can open an account so the inmate can call you.

To open an account click on the following link:

How do I send an inmate money?
Commissary Services are provided by McDaniel Supply Company. If you encounter any problems with a deposit you need to call McDaniel Supply Company at 1-912-427-9022.

***NOTE: All funds from money orders are held for 10 days waiting on the money orders to clear the bank.***

While at the Stokes County Jail, inmates are not allowed to have money in their cells. Once an inmate is processed in the Jail, they are setup with an inmate trust account that they use throughout their stay to be able to purchase items through commissary and purchase phone minutes.

We have several options for depositing money in the inmates account. Anyone may use any of the following options to make a deposit: 

  1. By Mail - You can mail a money order to the Stokes County Jail made out to the inmate.
  1. Personal Delivery - You can bring the money order to the jail and deliver it to the officer on duty at the jail. 
  1. Kiosk - We have a Kiosk in the lobby of the jail. It is very similar to using an ATM machine except it is used for making deposits only. You are not able to withdrawal any money from this machine. There is a fee to use this machine charged by the owner of the machine. The Stokes County Jail does not get any of the fee. You will be able to look up an inmate by their name. 
  1. By Internet - You may use a money transfer agent shown below. This service will allow you to use your credit card.

  • Click on the Secure Inmate Deposit Link
  • Follow the on-screen instructions

 Once money is placed in an inmate’s account, that money is considered the inmate’s money. The Stokes County Jail will not refund any money to anyone that makes the mistake and deposits the money in the wrong account or request the money back for personal reasons. Upon the inmates release, the Stokes County Jail will give the inmate a check or debit card for the amount in the inmates account, upon payment of all required fees incurred while in the jail. If the banking system is not available at the time the inmate is released, the inmate must come back to the jail and request the money Monday through Friday 8:30 - 4:30.