Application Package Instructions
STOKES COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
APPLICATION PACKAGE INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for your interest in our department. This page contains all the information about the documents you will need to complete for consideration for employment. Please complete each of the forms below completely and legibly. When you have completed this package you may submit it in person at The Stokes County Sheriff’s Office or by U.S. Mail at P.O. Box 118 Danbury, N.C. 27016.
Each of the following forms should be completed and returned to the Sheriff’s Office. These forms may be obtained by going to www.ncdoj.gov and following the Sheriffs and Standards Training Link to the forms section.
- Training and Standards Medical History Form. F-1
- Training and Standards Personal History Statement. F-3
- Training and Standards Release Authorization Form. Release of Information
- You may obtain a county application from the county’s home site at www.co.stokes.nc.us
In addition to the above forms you will also need to submit the following documents.
- A copy of your birth certificate.
- A copy of your high school diploma or GED.
- A copy of your driver’s license.
- A copy of your social security card.
- A copy of any DD-214 for you. (If you were ever in the military.)
- A detailed credit history report.
- If you have completed BLET or Detention Officer School we will need a copy of your certificate.
Pre-employment background record checks in any county where you have lived or attended school.
This is obtained through the local Clerk’s Office of the county where the address is located.
Please make certain that all documents are signed and dated and those that are required to be notarized have been.
Should there be any question please feel free to contact the Sheriff’s Office at (336) 593-8787.