Women, Infants, and Children
WIC is a special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants, and children
o Peanut butter
o Dried beans & peas
o Infant cereal
o Infant formula
The WIC Staff determines which foods a participant receives based on individual needs.
o Infant feeding
o Nutrition for healthy pregnancy
o Child growth and development
o Special diets
o Food buying
WIC Is For:
· Pregnant women
· Breastfeeding women who have had a baby in the last 12 months
· Women who have had a baby in the last 6 months
· Children up to 5 years of age
· All kinds of families qualify for WIC. You may or may not be working. You may be a student. You may be single or married. You may live with your parents.
· You must also:
· Meet WIC income guidelines. Even if you have a job, you may be eligible. If you are on Work First Family Assistance, Medicaid, or receive food stamps, you may already meet the income guidelines.
· Have a health risk factor based on:
̃ Height and weight measurements
̃ Blood test for low iron
̃ Health history
̃ Diet history
Applicants must be seen at the WIC site to determine eligibility.
WIC is an equal opportunity program. Persons who believe they have been discriminated against because of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability should write to the Secretary of Agriculture, USDA, Washington, DC 20250.