Women, Infants, and Children

What Is WIC?

WIC is a special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants, and children
funded by the United States Department of Agriculture.

WIC Offers:

Healthy Food:

o Milk

o Eggs

o Juice

o Cereal

o Cheese

o Peanut butter

o Dried beans & peas

o Infant cereal

o Infant formula 

o Other nutritional foods available


The WIC Staff determines which foods a participant receives based on individual needs.


Nutrition Information:

o Infant feeding

o Nutrition for healthy pregnancy

o Child growth and development

o Special diets

o Food buying 

o Breastfeeding support

o Peer counselor

o Breastfeeding Supplies


WIC Is For:

· Pregnant women

· Breastfeeding women who have had a baby in the last 12 months

· Women who have had a baby in the last 6 months

· Children up to 5 years of age

· Infants 

Am I eligible?

· All kinds of families qualify for WIC. You may or may not be working. You may be a student. You may be single or married. You may live with your parents.

· You must also:

· Meet WIC income guidelines.  Even if you have a job, you may be eligible. If you are on Work First Family Assistance, Medicaid, or receive food stamps, you may already meet the income guidelines.

· Have a health risk factor based on:

̃ Height and weight measurements

̃ Blood test for low iron

̃ Health history

̃ Diet history 


Applicants must be seen at the WIC site to determine eligibility.


“The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited

bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250 - 9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at: program.intake@usda.gov. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.