Our Division of Environmental Health is dedicated to protecting the environment and promoting public health. This is accomplished through a variety of responsibilities that include:
· Conducting soil/site evaluations to determine soil suitability for septic system installation.
· Issuing/denying septic system permits for new construction and for the repair of malfunctioning systems
· Inspecting septic system installation and water supply well construction
· Water sampling
· Providing education and consultation to the public
· Conducting inspections for food service establishments, institutions, child cares temporary food events, migrant housing, tattoo artists, public swimming pools, summer camps, plus many other establishments.
· Plan review for new construction and/or renovations of food service establishments
· Enforcement of state and local rules related to the above areas.
· Responding to complaints related to the above areas.
For more information, please call: (336)593-2403
Environmental Health Physical Location
Ronald Reagan Administration Building (3rd Floor)
1014 Main Street Phone: 336-593-2403
Danbury, NC 27016 Fax: 336-593-4021
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Expansion Application 2021
Find a Certified Septic System Installer or Inspector - http://www.ncowcicb.info/
Link to EH rules, forms, general information - http://www.deh.enr.state.nc.us/
Find a Certified Well Contractor - www.ncwelldriller.org
Find a List of Registered Septic Tank Pumpers and Haulers: - http://portal.ncdenr.org/web/wm/sw/facilitylist
Need to file a Complaint about your Septic System installer or Inspector - http://www.ncowcicb.info/