All instruments presented for registration in the real estate index must meet all of the following requirements :
1. Presented on 8.5 x 11 or 8.5 x 14 paper.
2. Have a blank margin at top of first page of 3 and 1/2 on remaining sides of
first page and 1/2 on all sides of subsequent pages.
3. Be typed or printed in black on white paper in a legible font that is not
smaller than 10 points in size.
(Blanks may be filled in and corrections may be made by hand in pen.)
4. Have text typed or printed on one side of a page only.
5. State the type of instrument at the top of the first page.
If an instrument does not meet these requirements, the Register of Deeds shall register the instrument after collecting the fee for non-standard documents ($25) in addition to all other applicable recording fees. If the instrument was fully executed before July 1, 2002, the recording standards do not apply and the non-standard document fee will not be charged.